Kolorektal kreft er en ondartet tumor i tykk- eller endetarmen. De fleste kreftforekomster som er lokalisert her er adenkarsinomer som oppstår i slimhinnene i tykktarmen. Forstadier viser seg som regel som godartede polypper.
Andre sjeldnere hovedformer av kolorektal kreft inkluderer neuroendoktrine, udifferensiert karsinom, plateepitel karsinom og adenoskvamøst karsinom.
- Cimetidine (L)
- Coriolus Versicolor Ektrakt
- Curcumin og bromelain
- EGCG (Grønn tea ekstrakt)
- Pau d`arco te/klyster
- Albendazole (L)
- Dipyridamole (L)
- Fulgurasjon (L)
- Melatonin (15-40 mg daglig) (N), (R)
- Miltefosine (L)
- Newcastle Virus (L)
- Pau d`arco
- PDT (L)
- Pyrvinium pamoate
- Cimetidine increases survival of colorectal cancer patients with high levels of sialyl Lewis-X and sialyl Lewis-A epitope expression on tumour cells. Br J Cancer. 2002 Jan 21;86(2):159-60. For example, the 10-year cumulative survival rate of the cimetidine group with higher CSLEX staining, recognizing sL(x), of tumours was 95.5%, whereas that of control group was 35.1% (P=0.0001). In contrast, in the group of patients with no or low levels CSLEX staining, cimetidine did not show significant beneficial effect (the 10-year survival rate of the cimetidine group was 70.0% and that of control group was 85.7% (P=n.s.)). These results clearly indicate that cimetidine treatment dramatically improved survival in colorectal cancer patients with tumour cells expressing high levels of sL(x) and sL(a).
- Adjuvant immunochemotherapy with oral Tegafur/Uracil plus PSK in patients with stage II or III colorectal cancer: a randomised controlled study. Br J Cancer. 2004 Sep 13;91(6):1220-1; author reply 1221-3. Adverse effects were mild and compliance was good. Oral PSK with UFT reduced recurrence in stage II and III colorectal cancer, and increased survival in stage III.
- Randomized, controlled study on adjuvant immunochemotherapy with PSK in curatively resected colorectal cancer. The Cooperative Study Group of Surgical Adjuvant Immunochemotherapy for Cancer of Colon and Rectum (Kanagawa). Dis Colon Rectum. 1992 Feb;35(2):123-30. The disease-free survival curve and the survival curve of the PSK group were better than those of the control group, and differences between the two groups were statistically significant (disease-free survival, P = 0.013; survival, P = 0.013). These results indicate that adjuvant immunochemotherapy with PSK was beneficial for curatively resected colorectal cancer.
- Circulating 25-hydroxyvitamin d levels and survival in patients with colorectal cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2008 Jun 20;26(18):2937-9. Among patients with colorectal cancer, higher prediagnosis plasma 25(OH)D levels were associated with a significant improvement in overall survival. Further study of the vitamin D pathway and its influence on colorectal carcinogenesis and cancer progression is warranted.
- Curcumin potentiates the pro-apoptotic effects of sulindac sulfone in colorectal cancer. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2010 Apr;19 Suppl 1:S117-24. Curcumin augments the therapeutic effects of SFN. This may be clinically important since the addition of curcumin to low dosages of SFN may encourage a safer and potent combinatorial treatment regimen for CRC.
- Cholera Vaccine Use Is Associated With a Reduced Risk of Death in Patients With Colorectal Cancer: A Population-Based Study. Gastroenterology. 2018 Jan;154(1):86-92.e1. doi: 10.1053/j.gastro.2017.09.009. Epub 2017 Sep 18.
- Fusobacterium and Colorectal Cancer. Front Oncol. 2018; 8: 371.
- Mifepristone may halt progression of extensively metastatic human adenocarcinoma of the colon – case report. Anticancer Res. 2009 May;29(5):1611-3.